CES Education Adviser (Wales) & Archdiocese of Cardiff Education Officer
Cardiff, CF11 9HD
Salary: c £43K per annum for 35 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint to a joint position which combines working in a national Welsh role for the Catholic Education Service (0.6 FTE) with working in education for the Schools Commission of the Archdiocese of Cardiff (0.4 FTE).
The core purpose of the Education Adviser (Wales) role is to provide educational advice to the CES on Welsh education policy; to build good relationships with the Welsh Government, Welsh dioceses and other key stakeholders such as the Church in Wales. For the Education Officer (Cardiff) it is to lead and support the strategic review of Catholic education in the Archdiocese of Cardiff, to provide advice and support to the Archdiocese on educational issues; to build good relationships with others involved in the provision of education in the Archdiocese.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE for both roles include:
• Committed to Catholic education, supportive of the teachings of the Catholic Church and its work in promoting the Common Good
• Demonstrable, relevant and recent experience of Welsh education policy in general and the Catholic sector in particular.
• Understanding of issues facing schools with a religious character in Wales and in particular the Voluntary Aided sector
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise work.
The full job description is below.
The role will be based in Cardiff but with some work required in other parts of Wales and occasionally in London and elsewhere.