5 minutes walk from Victoria Station, London SW1
Circa £30,000 dependent on experience
Do you support the Church’s provision of high quality education for children across the country? Are you interested in supporting teachers, schools and colleges to achieve this mission? If so, we are seeking to appoint an Education Officer for the Catholic Education Service (CES).
The CES represents and promotes the national education policy of the Bishops in relation to the 2,300 Catholic schools, colleges and universities which the Church is responsible for across England and Wales.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with recent experience in Education policy, research and communications to support the wider work of the CES education team. The successful applicant will be will be sympathetic to the teachings of the Catholic Church and supportive of Church schools.
The CES is a family friendly charity that encourages a good work life balance, with working outside of normal office hours a rarity. We offer a range of benefits including a matched pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a TOIL policy.
• To provide advice and support to the CES on educational issues affecting England, with a particular focus on standards and assessment.
• To support the development of online communications related to regional leadership and governance hubs.
• To provide research and data analysis support for the CES’ Public Affairs and Education Teams.
• To work on developing responses to strategic and current issues facing Catholic schools and education.
• To provide support to diocesan colleagues in England.
• To draft responses to consultations, proposals and Bills as required.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 15th January 2018.